Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beginning the blogging journey

Although I am not new to WBT, I am new to blogging.  It seems there is always something new to experience in the teaching field. 

I am hoping to take you along on my WBT journey this upcoming school year.  I teach Title I reading.  I have small groups all day long.  I work with students K-5 grade.  I work in two different elementary buildings within the same school district.  In one building I have a very small room that I share with the speech teacher, counselor, nurse, and anyone else who seems to need it.  Believe it or not, it works out pretty well.  In the building that I spend the majority of my time, I don't have a room at all.  I have a cart, that I try to keep most of what I need on, and travel from pod to pod to meet with my students.  This also works out fairly well, but it does make WBT look different than it does in a contained classroom.  I will try to share with you how we are using WBT in these different types of learning situations.

As for the summer,  I attended the WBT National Conference in Louisiana this month.  (It was great!!)  Now I am getting ready to attend the Mid-West Conference in West Plains, MO coming up in two weeks.  I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I look forward to reading your insights in the coming year.

    I am your newest follower.

    Mrs.D Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete